Discovering the Value of Gold
Karat (K) is the measurement of the purity of gold, with the purest form measuring 24K. Although pure gold is the most valuable and expensive form of gold, it is not ideal for jewelry as it is too soft and vulnerable to damage from everyday wear. To make durable and wearable gold jewelry, metal alloys such as copper, nickel, silver, and zinc are blended with pure gold to create 22K, 18K, 14K, and even 10K gold jewelry.
Gold naturally comes in a vibrant shade of yellow but it is also available in other colors such as white gold and rose gold.
- Yellow gold is the color most synonymous to the precious metal. A higher karat means a more vibrant yellow color. 22K and 18K are the most popular in jewelry as they retain the striking yellow color of gold without sacrificing the durability of the piece.
- White gold is achieved when pure 24K gold is mixed with white metals such as nickel, palladium, manganese, and silver. This process bleaches the natural yellow of the gold, creating a shade reminiscent of platinum. This shade may be more expensive than yellow gold due to the manufacturing process to create this luxurious color.
- Rose gold is deemed a romantic variety of gold. Copper is mixed with pure gold to create this shade, usually at 18K purity. This style is more durable than yellow gold and white gold thanks to the copper blend, making it easier to maintain and longer lasting.
One of the many benefits of owning gold jewelry is its low maintenance care requirements.
- Gold is resistant to tarnish from daily or regular wear but exposure to chemicals and abrasive materials can affect the quality of your gold piece.
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to harsh fluids, perfumes, and lotions and do not wear inside saunas, swimming pools, and gyms.
- Clean your jewelry using a soft toothbrush or cloth and lukewarm water. Store your gold pieces in an airtight plastic bag or soft cloth pouch.
GOLD AS AN INVESTMENT
Because of its consistently high market value, gold jewelry are considered to be long-term investment. Gold is often viewed as a sign of wealth because of its high buying price and potential for even higher selling price. Gold items are easy to liquidate because there will always be a global demand for gold, whether as jewelry or as other collectible items. When buying gold jewelry as an investment, choose high karats such as 22k or 18k with a heavier design. The more gram in gold, the more cash value it will have over time.
AUTHENTICATING YOUR GOLD JEWELRY
There are many ways to check if a gold piece is authentic, especially if it's an heirloom that's been passed down from generations or a lucky find from a vintage store.
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM US
- Authenticity Guaranteed - Gold Palace only offers solid gold pieces at 22k, 18k, and 14k purity to ensure you get the best value for your jewelry.
- One of a kind - Our jewelry are specially designed and created for everyday wear and special occasions to drape you in ultimate glamour and sophistication from head to toe.
- South Asian Luxury Reimagined - Our pieces are inspired by various South Asian culture and belief systems to honor and celebrate our customs. Gold Palace is home to traditional Indian gold as well as modern minimalist pieces, offering the best display of diverse high-value jewelry.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you accept custom orders?
Manpower constraints limit us from accepting custom jewelry design orders, except for resizing requests. Gold Palace offers an extensive selection of minimalist, intricate, and rare jewelry designs to suit traditional and modern tastes. Please browse our collections to find the right piece for you.
2. Do you use natural pearls or cultured pearls?
We have a diverse network of jewelry designers and suppliers and we only work with those that follow industry best practices for ethical and environmentally friendly pearl harvesting and manufacturing. Some of our suppliers use naturally occurring pearls while some use cultured pearls. But in both instances, we guarantee minimal to zero harm to the environment and we comply with fair-trade regulations of origin countries.
3. Do you accept gold replating?
Unfortunately, Gold Palace does not accept gold replating requests. We invite you to browse our shop and find solid gold pieces that are as beautiful as they are long-lasting.
4. Do accept repairs and resizing?
We do not offer repairs and resizing requests at this time. We encourage you to finalize your jewelry size before purchasing for the best experience. Please visit our Ring Size Guide and Bangle Size Guide pages to help you identify your size.